Knitting Obsession

WIPs, FOs, yarn drooling, and maybe some cats.

Name:
Location: Baltimore, MD

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Ahhh, Kerry....

Doesn't Tootsie looked blissed out? I just want to bury myself in her fuzzy tummy. Thankfully you can't hear the sound effects of her snoring inelegantly in my ear. I've started the BWA Kerry KAL. If you asked me right now what I thought about the Kerry, I might respond with a vigorous eye roll. It feels like the stitches go on forever, and I've only done the three rows of ribbing! Next I increase (practically doubling the number of stitches) and will have 400-odd stitches on the needles (in order to accommodate the honeycomb pattern on the bottom of the sweater). Granted, to lace folk that isn't too much. But this is a lot more stitches than I am used to! The Weekend Pullover has a lot less than that...at least it feels that way. I think when I am doing more interesting stitches it will be better....I'll find out tonight. For Socktoberfest, I've decided not to worry too much about new pairs of socks, but to learn from everyone else and try to complete the two pair on needles right now (BRC toe ups and Gentleman's sock in lozenge pattern). I do have a pair of Evelyn Clark lace socks on needles too but I may or may not pick those back up...still debating. I have so much beautiful sock yarn that I want to use, but I really feel I should complete some first. This is where I am with the Weekend Pullover...I got a late start on the BWA KAL because I wanted to get to a point with the Weekend Pullover that I could put it away and know right where I am when I pick it back up. The back is completed up to the increases, ready to start armhole shaping. I still love this sweater and all of the different patterns. I do need some advice on how to get all of the lovely cat hair that I have knitted into it out! Hopefully it will come out with a good Eucalan soak. Or I can leave it in as a design element! This is the closest I have ever seen these two mortal enemies...they are usually at least a tail's length apart. Brynn's nose is cold again..... Amanda Cathleen just had her blogiversary. Hopefully some of you stopped by! She had a little contest, and it turns out yours truly was the winner! Whoo! Thanks Amanda! I really enjoy reading your blog and am so glad I found it... It's amazing when you think about how big the knitting network is getting. I really hope some of you are coming to Stitches East (which is literally right down the street from my apartment) so I can meet you "for real"!

2 Comments:

Anonymous amanda cathleen said...

what are you feeding your weekend sweater? Its growing so fast! ; )
Your kitties are too cute! My tiger cat loves to lay like that.
Sadly I'm not going to Stitches East : ( BUT! My hubby has been working in the DC area, maybe we can plan a get together sometime. : )

10/03/2006 05:27:00 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

10/04/2006 11:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home