Knitting Obsession

WIPs, FOs, yarn drooling, and maybe some cats.

Name:
Location: Baltimore, MD

Monday, September 18, 2006

No new tale to tell...

Not much to report in terms of knitting progress, but you all should know that the Masters Rowing Association is very, very nice. They shipped my camera back to me packaged very nicely, and I surely do appreciate it! As I said before, Princeton was so much fun. There was racing (my team members are wearing yellow and gold).... There was the Guinness beer garden....mmmm, Guinness.... Somewhat, but not entirely related to the Guinness beer garden, there was bobbing for beers.... This was the eventual "winner" of the beer bobbing, though as the co-instigator of the bobbing noted, it was really all about the zen of dunking your head in a tub of ice to get a beer. There are no winners in beer bobbing! And, of course, there was algae (why not?) It all was very fun. I had fun cheerleading but you can bet I will be racing next year. Maybe not in the FISA World Masters though...next year it's being held in Croatia. Although that would be a lot of fun!! In terms of knitting progress, here is a picture of the weekend pullover last weekend right before leaving for NJ. You've seen progress pics since then, but this is a better picture. Add about 7 inches and that is where I am now. I am in the middle of increasing back up to shape for armholes. I am going to keep going until October 1st when I will put the Pullover aside for the Kerry KAL...I need to swatch for that as soon as my yarn is delivered (I think it actually may be in the post office and I just need to pick it up). I am really looking forward to the KAL...and have gotten such good advice from everyone on the list. It is my first Aran but I am reassured by everyone's confidence that it is a good beginner pattern. I am on nights this week...at least in the beginning of the week. Thus the 4 AM posts! Then back to a "normal" schedule. If there is anyone out there going to the Aerosmith/Motley Crue concert this weekend I think you should know that
  • I am very jealous
  • I want to hear all about it
That is all. Have a terrific week!

2 Comments:

Anonymous amanda cathleen said...

your sweater is looking good! Beer bobbing? too funny!!

9/18/2006 10:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Kristen said...

Hooray for the Rowers sending your camera back safely! You are zipping along with your sweater.

9/18/2006 09:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home