Knitting Obsession

WIPs, FOs, yarn drooling, and maybe some cats.

Name:
Location: Baltimore, MD

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Grandmother Purl's squares, plus one cute cat.

While there hasn't been much blogging, there has been knitting. These are the squares for CAP's grandmother. The white one is made out of Bernat Cotton Tots in white (der). The pattern is the leaf lace panel from 365 Knitting Stitches a Year...I think January 30. The variegated one is Wool in the Woods Lava in Juniper and the pattern is a bobble rib from Mon Tricot knitting dictionary. You can't really see the bobbles but you can feel them...and I surprisingly didn't mind knitting with the cotton when making these. I thought it would make my hands ache but it didn't...so that was happy news. I also started one of the scarfs I am making for the Red Scarf Project. This one is in Caron Simply Soft Shadows, which I spotted at Michael's when making a needle run (I love Susan Bates aluminum needles!). It's supposed to stripe in shadowy ways (I'm guessing like Reynolds Fusion?) It looks like the color changes will be fun and it is indeed soft. I also found this new yarn.... Patons Soy Wool Stripes. I may be in love with this yarn. I may want to knit an entire garment out of this. There is something about the way it feels on my fingers...sort of a hairy softness....that makes my heart go pitter-patter. I don't know why I love it but I do! Bought two balls to play with and make a gender neutral scarf for the project. This is Navy Natural. I feel like I haven't been blogging as much as I want to, and I think it's because I don't like Blogger much. I picked it when I started blogging because it looked easy. I really don't know anything about HTML or coding or CSS or what-have-you. Blogger has been somewhat helpful with that. But it's not that intuitive and I have problems especially with downloading pictures to the blog (the process). I would like to upgrade, and really like the looks of Typepad especially with the photo albums. I also really like the look of Pretty Posies but I don't know nearly enough to use it, I think. So, reader(s), what platforms do you use? Which one would be good for a non savvy person like me? And which one is EASY especially with posting pictures? Thanks for your help! Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

3 Comments:

Anonymous amanda cathleen said...

the paton's soy that you picked up looks reeaallly interesting! Can't wait to see what you whip up.
I use blogspirit, its really easy! You only get so much space for free, and pictures really eat up that space. So I use photobucket to host my pictures. But for someone who couldn't even figure out blogger its really easy!
You cat is so sweet!

9/27/2006 04:56:00 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

The squares look amazing! I can't wait for them to arrive! Thanks again for joining in!

9/28/2006 02:48:00 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Hi. Me again.

Your squares arrived today and I have to say - your pictures do not do them justice. They are even more beautiful in person! Thank you again for sending them. I know they will be a wonderful addition to the blankets!

10/01/2006 03:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home