Knitting Obsession

WIPs, FOs, yarn drooling, and maybe some cats.

Name:
Location: Baltimore, MD

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

ahhh, much better

Wowee! That's some bright yarn! Rest assured, this is not the actual color of my sweater. I took these lurvely shots using my brand spanking and apparently psycho camera Razr phone. The beee-right first shot is my progress now, through row 16. This knit is so much fun! I am really enjoying it, I think because of all the different stitch patterns. I've already learned some things about shaping and the importance of Post-It notes. Ahh, Post-It notes. I have to keep track of the actual row I am on as well as the other real row I am on....two of the patterns have an 8 stitch repeat and one has a 26 row repeat. The fourth is simple enuff as it is just right side, wrong side. Yay simple! Anywho, I wrote a highly complex formula out which has been invaluable (once I realized that 8 doesn't actually come after 14. Der!)

This beautiful shot is a little closer to the actual color though my stitch markers are not made of uranium. This is a close up of the Van Dyke lace in the center panel of the sweater. And this is a close up of the so called Eccentric Cable (really...what did the cable do? Why is it eccentric? No need to label!!) and the Lacy Rib. I really dig the Lacy Rib. So Kristin is an enaaaabler. I have signed up for the Kerry KAL. I am awaiting my color card and pattern from Black Water Abbey to make a color choice and will then order the yarn. It appears that this is a pretty good pattern for a new Aran/sweater knitter.

No sock progress. Also, no love life progress but I have found that it isn't so bad to watch a baseball game and not call someone to gloat about the score. When hockey season starts I will be able to harass my friend about the Washington Capitals suckitude (sorry, Caps fans out there) whenever they play the Flyers and the Flyers kick their heinies. Flyers rule! I am going to the Caps opener against the Carolina Hurricanes, which is where my all time favorite player Rod Brind'Amour runs the ship. I will be wearing my vintage Flyers Brind'Amour sweater despite A's assurances that this will cause me to be killed by a bolt of lightning in the Phone Booth's parking lot.

And can I say how bummed I am about Steve Irwin? I really liked watching him and his family rassle crocs.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kristen said...

So far so good! If you can knit the Weekend sweater you can certainly take on the Kerry. For keeping track of multi-cable patterns I do whatever it takes too- often using both the post-its/cross row off the list/ and two or more row counters simultaneously.

9/05/2006 07:49:00 AM  
Anonymous amanda cathleen said...

Your pullover looks great! I love the extra sticky stick-it notes. I sure thought they where stupid when they came out, (isn't the whole point of a stick-it is that its just a bit sticky?) I don't think I could live with out them now! They come in handy for lace knitting too

9/07/2006 10:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home