Knitting Obsession

WIPs, FOs, yarn drooling, and maybe some cats.

Name:
Location: Baltimore, MD

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Socks!

Whilst watching the Orioles cough up a hairball on their pitcher's hard work at Yankee Stadium, I finished the socks! The firstest pair of socks! Woot! They do not match even a little bit! Somehow I don't think Mom will mind. I had a really hard time taking these off. What is it about handknitted socks that makes them so darn comfortable? I really don't know. I do know, however, that I may well wear them to work tomorrow since I have to wash them anyway (Mom does love her grandcats, but I need to wash the cat collective fur out of them). Specs: Pattern: Lacy Mock Cable Socks Yarn: Lion Brand Magic Stripes in Regatta Stripe Needles: US size 2 Clover DPNs Gauge: 8 sts to 1 inch Start: according to el blog, May 28th, 2006 Finis: August 25th, 2006 with a month long break and several short breaks in between. Conclusion: love the pattern, surprisingly love the yarn. Would definitely make these again. It does seem to be my pattern to jump around from project to project. I don't know that I should keep track of start and finish dates unless I actually work at one project at a time...but where is the fun in that? Plus I do get distracted easily. Today I was bopping around between washing the towels, making meatloaf, and finishing the socks rather than just sit and knit. I can't sit for that long! But I did sit and pause the game while Kitchnering the second toe. I wanted this one to be better than the first. Nice Kitch, baby.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kristen said...

Your first socks and you didn't even use just a plain vanilla pattern! They look EXcellent, including the Kitchener. I never bother "matching" self striping socks. Life is too short. I just call them fraternal twins.

8/16/2006 06:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Wendie said...

Your socks look awesome! And I love the fact that they do not match. Gives them a punch of personality:) I say, "Down with Matching Socks!"

8/20/2006 09:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home