Knitting Obsession

WIPs, FOs, yarn drooling, and maybe some cats.

Name:
Location: Baltimore, MD

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Fancy socks, not so much

Well, I took everyone's advice (good advice all! Thanks!) and rrrripped the Anne and cast on for the Fancy socks in Lana Grossa Meilenweit in a pretty heathery green. The pattern was coming along nicely and was so much more visible. I was really enjoying knitting along....tra la, when YF called me up and gave me the big kiss-off because he isn't "ready for a serious relationship." Grr! This left me with bad feelings for either the yarn or the pattern, not sure which, so...... bye bye, Fancy Socks. I was behind on the Vintage Socks KAL anyway, so I cast on for another pair of socks that have been done before, the Gentleman's Sock in Lozenge pattern and I am clicking along on these. Another fun pattern from Nancy! Hopefully no negative vibes will be associated with this pair. I assuaged my hurt feelings in retail therapy, and bought another lot of yarn in a matching dye lot (I HOPE....should be arriving soon) to start the Weekend Pullover from IK Fall 2006. I also may have done a little damage on eBay. That place is lethal! But only to the tune of about $10 for two skeins of Koigu Kersti...not bad, not bad at all! AND I upgraded my phone to a pink Razr which should also be arriving soon. I love me a pink Razr. So, back in the saddle again. My mother tells me that if she had only known for sure she would get married and have children, she would have been able to have a lot more fun at this time of her life. I have to say I agree. I would rather be able to know. Brynn says, maybe just sleep on it. Things always look better with a little perspective.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lolly said...

I think that both socks look great in the solid colors - the patterns are so pretty. I just adore that book!

8/31/2006 06:43:00 AM  
Anonymous amanda cathleen said...

I came over from the Vintage knitting socks along. Both of your socks look great! Your kitty is so cute : )

8/31/2006 05:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Kristen said...

I can understand having bad associations with certain projects, and it can be good to start over. Yes, retail therapy does help some! Remember you are a wonderful person and happier days lie ahead.

8/31/2006 08:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home