Knitting Obsession

WIPs, FOs, yarn drooling, and maybe some cats.

Name:
Location: Baltimore, MD

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Macro Mode!!

Much experimentation follows. It was an adventurous week. It's hard to photograph animals in macro mode with my camera I guess because the auto focus doesn't work well with fur. But look at that pretty pale pink nose. Tootsie is such a sweetie. Minutes before this she was snoring...really snoring...loudly. I don't know if I should be concerned or not about this...she is sometimes loud enough to wake me up!! I found this yarn at A Good Yarn and had to get it because it is in the colors of my rowing team, the Baltimore Rowing Club. I decided last night to try Wendy's toe up pattern (you can find it on her website, link is in the sidebar under Wendy Knits). It was an adventure, mainly because in order to get gauge on this Regia 4 ply I am having to use US 00 needles!!! Ow! Also, I am afraid I will bend them. So this is my first short row toe: pretty hideous. But not bad for a first time. I never got what the big deal about short rows was before, but then I never realized you had to wrap before. They still aren't too hard for me, but awfully fiddly. Some progress on Mom's sock. Wait! One more post to come. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kristen said...

I don't knit that many socks, but the toe up pattern is the one I use nearly all the time when I do. When you are done, you are done! No sewing or grafting needed.

7/06/2006 08:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home