Knitting Obsession

WIPs, FOs, yarn drooling, and maybe some cats.

Name:
Location: Baltimore, MD

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Number One Sock!

Yay! Finished my first real sock. Not too shabby. The toe...well, I need a little work with Kitchener but it turned out pretty good. Feels very good on my foot...the pattern is a rib so is quite snuggly. A better angle of the toe.... And a close up of the stitch pattern. I was at Yankee Fan's this weekend and it turns out that right down the street (literally) is....Knit Happens. Uh-oh!!! I had a moment. I knew we were going to be watching the Yankee/Nationals game later, and I had forgotten Mom's sock, so I NEEDED a new project. Picked up Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in brick and the Raindrop Lace pattern and needles...and then saw "Folk Socks." Didn't get too far on the sock as I was interrupted rudely by a 7 run inning (CRAZY game) and also my seeming inability to count on Saturdays. YF was intrigued by the "tiny needles" and thought it was funny when I threw it across the room after ripping twice in a row. Also, picked up some big Turbos to put the shawl/scarf on as the aluminum circular ones had a really stiff cable that kept whapping me in the face. The Turbos are really heavy!!! Plus I didn't look too closely at the tip and they are a little blunt. But they are not hitting me in the face, so bonus. Saw The Legwarmers in concert Friday...so much fun!! I highly recommend. Dig out your blue eyeshadow and jelly shoes if you go.  Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kristen said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. Congratulations on your first sock- it looks great. Now just be sure to make the second one!

6/19/2006 10:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Wendie said...

Yeah, I have second sock syndrome big time here! So hi, thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! It's always nice to meet a new "neighbor" and one that knits to boot! :) The sock looks great!

6/23/2006 07:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home