Knitting Obsession

WIPs, FOs, yarn drooling, and maybe some cats.

Name:
Location: Baltimore, MD

Monday, May 22, 2006

more FO's

This was a fun hat to make but ended up quite a bit smaller than I wanted. It doesn't quite fit my head with all my hair. The pattern is free on the internet at http://knithats.tripod.com/id8.html I made it in Patons Classic Wool in black and gold on #8 16" circular Addi bamboos. My gauge ended up at 4.5 stitches/inch...I think I knitted a little tight, and the woven nature of the fabric does not allow for much stretch. This hat is so darn fun but was a truly brutal pain to make. The decreases and rounds went on and on and on and on....I was very thankful to finish it. I made it to take along to the Head of the Charles regatta in Boston when our rowing team went there. Our colors are, shockingly, black and gold! It was a lot of fun (the regatta), and the hat kept numerous rowers and coxswains warm. I made it with this pattern http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/hatlongstockingcap.htm and I used Patons Classic Merino Wool. Knitted on #7 16" circular bamboo needles and had a gauge of 5 stitches/inch. The best part of the hat...the telescoping tassel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home