Knitting Obsession

WIPs, FOs, yarn drooling, and maybe some cats.

Name:
Location: Baltimore, MD

Monday, May 22, 2006

Mini Cables

This is a baby cable hat and scarf set. This was my first time cabling, although technically not really cabling....more twisting. Fun! Made in a lovely grapey Classic Merino Wool on #8 needles with a gauge of 4 stitches/inch. Funny how my gauge changes around. Same needles, same wool but with the Checkered Band Hat I had a gauge of 4.5 stitches/inch. Anyway, this is also the scarf I "designed" to go along with the hat. Hat pattern is free on the web: http://www.knitlist.com/99gift/baby-ribbed-hat.htm Also: Brynn "helps." I can't really remember how I made the pattern, but I think I did a 3 row garter border (so 3 stitches on either side along with 3 rows of garter at the beginning and end). I can't remember anything else like how many stitches I cast on or anything. I will dig the pattern notes up if someone wants them, but you will probably figure it out on your own because you are a smart knitter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home